Chaotic Not Random
Friday, January 23, 2004


CHAOTIC NOT RANDOM READERS ARE SMART

Well, two of you are, anyway. All hail the winners of Chaotic Not Random Challenge No. 2: Walter Christensen and Jon Yankey. Walter supplied solutions to all four problems, (see Jan. 12), with a degree of mathematical rigor bordering on the psychotic. (He did, however, make one careless error. But he was sharp enough to catch a careless error I made in defining Problem C, so I'm willing to let it go.) Jon, a High School Classmate of Kilgore now working as a statistician in Iowa City, correctly answered the Detroit Tigers problem. I owe you a chocolate malt from Birdsall's, Jon.

I was going to provide the solutions, but probably nobody cares, so the hell with you. On the off chance that somebody does care, drop me a comment or an email and I will be happy to send you the answers.

+posted by Lawrence @ 1/23/2004 06:40:00 PM


+++++