Chaotic Not Random
Saturday, November 29, 2003


I had a very nice Thanksgiving, thank you. I have no relatives in Colorado, so I spent the day at my best friend's girlfriend's aunt's house. (I took E with me, meaning that she had Thanksgiving at her boyfriend's best friend's girlfriend's aunt's house.)

We had an absolutely wonderful time. Celebrating a holiday at a stranger's home full of people you've just met is very cool and surreal. Hello, I'm Kilgore. We've never met, but our society's vestigial laws of hospitality require you to feed me turkey and stuffing and to ply me with free alcoholic beverages. And don't skimp on the gravy. Have you forgotten my name yet?

Society's vestigial laws of hospitality also, unfortunately, required me to take wine, and so E and I showed up with two bottles: a very nice Chardonnay and a very nice Italian red that I won't name for fear of making you feel weak and ignorant, you Pabst-swilling barbarian. The wine did not get opened that night, so I considered going back the next day. Hello, it's Kilgore. Remember me? Um... I noticed that nobody drank the wine we brought yesterday, so I was wondering if I could have it back. Of course I'm serious. It was supposed to be for Thanksgiving -- it's not as though it was a present for you to drunk on any time you felt like it.

+posted by Lawrence @ 11/29/2003 06:03:00 PM


+++++