Chaotic Not Random
Tuesday, September 30, 2003


I was surprised to learn today that the U.S. Forest Service is officially a nondiscriminatory agency. This means, I guess, that you're not allowed to make fun of any gay trees or Muslim squirrels you happen to see. Ha ha! No, actually it means that the USFS has to plant explanatory plaques in Braille along the forest trails. I have seen several of these plaques here in Colorado, and I've always wondered what they say: There's a huge, majestic mountain just off to your right. It's covered with beautiful green pine trees and snow at the top, and there are mountain goats leaping gracefully across the rocky crags. Too bad you can't see any of it.

My apologies to any blind people who might be reading this... oh, never mind.

+posted by Lawrence @ 9/30/2003 12:37:00 PM


+++++