Chaotic Not Random
Saturday, August 16, 2003

My friend D excels at hitting on women. For example: we went out drinking and dancing tonight at a local meat market, and I saw a woman I wanted to dance with, an attractive-but-not-intimidatingly-so woman in a red dress who seemed to want company. I did nothing about this. I left the floor briefly to get a drink and returned to find the woman dancing enthusiastically with D. "Way to go, D!" I yelled, in a glad tone of voice carefully chosen to indicate my delight at his good fortune. I added a cheerful gesture that said: I am not gritting my teeth against a wave of crushing frustration, nor do I intend to spend the next two days weeping with helpless anger, cursing myself for my weakness, and drowning in irrational self-hatred.

I can totally destroy D in Scrabble, though.

+posted by Lawrence @ 8/16/2003 04:00:00 AM


+++++